Singing Blues Guide
- It is easy to write the lyrics for blues if you keep the
following things in mind:
- Blues generally begin with 'woke up this morning'.
- If you really cannot avoid it and want to begin the Blues
with 'I got a good woman', follow it up immediately
with something bad such as 'with biggest belly in town'.
- Repeat the line twice and then write a third line that ends
with almost a rhyming word. Now, it may read like this 'I
got a good woman with biggest belly in town, I got a good woman
with biggest belly in town, She has legs of an elephant and
weighs 500 pounds'.
- You will hardly ever find colors like 'violet, beige and
mauve' being mentioned in Blues as it is difficult to find
rhyming words for them.
- People devoted to Blues use car like Chevies, Cadillacs and
broken-down trucks or may use Greyhound buses and southbound trains.
The only other transportation that they use fairly well is 'Walking'.
- Blues are sung who are fixing to die, so teenagers normally have
nothing to do with it. Singing Blues is the domain for adults.
- Hard times are called Blues in New York City, Chicago, St. Louis,
and Kansas City but they are just depression in Vermont, Tucson or
North Dakota are just depression.
- Blues are confined to places where it rains often.
- Blues can never take place in a well-lit office or a shopping
mall with sparkling lights. You need to sit in the parking lot or by
the dumpster to have Blues. Other options can be the highway, a
jailhouse, an empty bed or even the bottom of a whiskey glass.
- There are three steps to Build Your Own Blues Singer Name:
- Choose Name of physical infirmity to precede your name such
as Blind, Cripple or Lame.
- Choose a name of Fruit to be your first name such as Lemon,
Lime or Kiwi.
- Choose Last name of a US president such as Jefferson, Johnson
- So now, your Blues Singer name can be Lame Lemon Clinton.
- Blues singers cannot have computers and for them, the three R's
are not Reading, Writing and Arithmetic but Railroads, Running and
- Name your guitar.