Jester Pencil Topper
Jester Pencil Topper is just the perfect April Fool craft for kids. Your clown or 'fool' will surely receive the attention of the entire class and it will be real fun to show it off and tell your friends that you have made it yourself. It is very easy to make too:
- Wrap the purple chenille or pipe cleaners on the pencil to make the body of the clown.
- Use 1-1/2-inch Styrofoam ball to make the face of the jester or clown.
- Insert the pencil in its base to make a hole there to fit it on top of the pencil.
- Insert the rubber end of the pencil in the ball until it fits in snugly over the body.
- Attach tiny googley eyes to your clown and a mini pink pom pom for its nose using glue.
- Use a black marker to draw its mouth.
- Cut a small circle out of the purple felt.
- Cut it from one side to the center of the circle and fold it to make a cone.
- Glue red, green and yellow small pom poms on this cone from outside.
- This is the hat of your clown and you can glue it to the top of his head.
- Cur out another circle from the purple felt to make the collar for your jester.
- Cut from one side to the center and add a zigzag shape to the outside of the circle.
- Decorate this collar by gluing mini pom poms to the zigzag tips of the collar.
- Glue the collar on the pencil.
- Put it aside for sometime to let the glue dry and your 'Jester' is ready.