Fun With Pun Humor
Puns are humorous use of words that sound alike but have different meanings and thus cause confusion and change the meaning of the sentence to mean something else, which is often funny. Here are some jokes that use puns and play with words to evoke laughter and humor:
- A man and woman in the supermarket wrapped in a barcode may have been an 'item'.
- An elevator operator kept calling every boy as 'Son'. Once a rude teenager tried to talk him back and said, "Do remember that I am NOT your son and YOU are NOT my father." The operator calmly said, "I brought you up, didn't I?"
- Cinderella was out of the basketball team because she ran away from the ball.
- Four fonts were insulted in a bar as the barman asked them to leave immediately as their 'type' was not allowed there.
- I lost many jobs. I couldn't concentrate in an orange juice factory; wasn't suited to be a tailor; Muffler factory was just exhausting; couldn't cut it as barber; wasn't noteworthy as a musician; did not have patience to be a doctor; didn't fit in the shoe factory; tried to be a witch for a spell; job at the pool maintenance company was too draining; and found that there was no future as a historian.
- My daughter told me that Saudi Arabia was free of mental illness because there are nomad people there.
- The wife sent her husband, who was on a trip to the Middle East' to find some prospects for oil, a 'Get Well Soon' card.